<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 09, 2005

THE EVOLUTION OF A BAD JOKE

Original Version:

A priest and a rabbi are seated next to each other on a plane and get to talking. The conversation turns to religion, and more specifically to the rules of the respective religions.

The priest, thinking Jewish dietary restrictions are a bit ridiculous, questions the rabbi. "You can't tell me you've never had a ham sandwich," he says.

The rabbi shrugs his shoulders. "I admit that I did have one when I was young, just to see what it was like."

The rabbi, thinking Catholic sexual restrictions are a bit ridiculous, then questions the priest. "You can't tell me you've never had sex with a woman," he says.

The priest shrugs his shoulders. "I admit that I did have sex with a woman once, just to see what it was like."

"Beats a ham sandwich, doesn't it," the rabbi laughs.

Improved Version is the same until:

The rabbi, thinking Catholic sexual restrictions are a bit ridiculous, then questions the priest. "You can't tell me you've never had sex with a young boy," he says.

Joke then continues as in original.

Version 3 picks up at the same spot:

The rabbi, thinking Catholic sexual restrictions are a bit ridiculous, then questions the priest. "You can't tell me you've never had sex with two or three hundred young boys," he says.

Joke continues.

As does Version 4 (current version):

The rabbi, thinking Catholic sexual restrictions are a bit ridiculous, then questions the priest. "You can't tell me you've never had sex with two or three hundred young boys and looted the church's accounts to put your favorites up in style." he says.

The priest laughs. "Actually, that's why I'm on this flight. I'm on the lam from lawsuits, angry parishioners, and a couple of warrants," he says.

The rabbi forget his ham sandwich line.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?