<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 10, 2005


POINT, COUNTERPOINT

The Federal Reserve yesterday raised its key interest rate for the 10th time in 13 months, giving no hint when it might stop.

Fed policy makers voted unanimously to raise the benchmark federal funds rate to 3.5 percent, the highest level in four years. Citing a stronger economy, an improving labor market, and building inflationary pressures, policy makers suggested in a statement, as they have for much of the last year, that they would continue to raise rates at a ''measured" pace, widely interpreted as quarter-point increments.

link

From the inimitable Mojo Nixon:

(With Freudian/Political analysis bolded)

"I hate banks...I just can't stand 'em.
Gimme a shovel & man I'll plant 'em.
Six feet under thats where they belong...
I hate banks is the name of this song.
I think I'll rob myself one or two...
Yeah I hate banks, yeah, how 'bout you?
Well...lend me a nickel & lend me a dime,repossess my house any old time.
Financial institutions think they're so high faluting...
Just a bunch of fruits in three piece suits,trying to steal all my loot.
Things are smelling pretty rank,
We must be near a stinking bank.
Smells worse than Rockefellers feet,
Wall Street can eat my meat.
Yeah throw the moneylenders out of the temple;
I hate banks its just that simple.
Royal Crown made of tin,is a metal thing to keep your money in.
Mason jar is okay too,if you see a bank well you know what to do.
Now,lemme tell you people something...
The only banks I like, well, I like Ernie Banks alright.
And I like the banks of the Mississippi River...
Yeah, and I like banks of fender twin reverb...
Electric guitar amplifiers behind me, raging on the stages...
Well,when I walk in they treat me like a dog;
want to hit them in the head with a doo-doo log.
Republicans, one and all...Their talleywhackers are mighty small.
Stealing from the poor gonna give to the rich...
Wanna make the bank president twitch in a ditch.
Yeah, see that teller with the blue hair,giving me the evil-eye stare.
Won't cash my check don't like my ID...got the security guard after me.
If I was E. F. Sloane,I'd say the Dow Jones can suck my bone.
Yeah.Everybody say the three magic words!
I want you to help me say the words!
I want you to repeat after me!
I HATE BANKS! Can't stand 'em!I HATE BANKS!
Don't Like 'em!I HATE BANKS! Bunch of Foo-Foo's!I HATE BANKS!
Like a big zit!I hate banks...I just can't stand 'em.
Gimme a shovel & man I'll plant 'em.
Six feet under thats where they belong...
I hate banks is the name of this song.
I think I'll rob myself one or two...Y
eah I hate banks, yeah, how 'bout you?
Now lemme tell you something...
I'm not real fond of the PHONE COMPANY either!You know?
Yeah, and I don't like the cable TV company.
You know why I don't like the cable TV company?
Cause they just be sucking that stuff right out the sky!
THEY don't have to pay nuttin for it!
I just get me one of them bootleg cable boxes,and get me one of them climb the pole and stick the thing in...I ain't gonna pay for it! NOOOOO!!!!"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?