<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 12, 2004

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT HOW GREAT AND WONDERFUL I AM

Philadelphia Eagles second-year tight end L. J. Smith on himself:

"Really, the sky's the limit," Smith says. "But why set limits? I'm my own biggest critic, nobody is tougher on me than me, but I expect good things this season. I feel so much more comfortable in the offense than I did last year. I know what I'm doing now. It's a big difference. I don't have to think about every play and where I am supposed to be. I know what I'm supposed to do and I just go out and do it."

I assume this I ME MINE attitude is based on Smith's wonderful debut last year:

Smith's first NFL play is one he has tried hard to forget. You remember it, too.
Opening game, "Monday Night Football," Tampa Bay, a rematch of the NFC Championship Game, a fake field goal attempt in the first quarter.
Smith was open. Koy Detmer put the ball right there. And it fell to the ground.

(From The Times of Trenton 8/12/2004, pC7)


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?